Most of my friends on my network always has this problem.Yesterday this problem even creeped into my PC.So,I did some search about this thing and found the solution.This problem is named as "Hacked by Godzilla Virus " by the people.It creates a auto play option on the right click menu of your hard disk drives making you unable to open them by double clicking.However you can open them by right click -->Open or Explore.It changes the text of Internet Explorer title bar to "Hacked by Godzilla".Now here is the solution :
* Go to any folder.In that on the top menu go to Tools--> Folder Options , which will be beside File,Edit,View,Favorites.
* A window pops up after you click on folder options.In that window go to View tab and select the option Show hidden files and folders.Now uncheck the option Hide protected Operating system files.Click Ok
* Now Open your drives (By right click and select Explore. Don't double click!) Delete autorun.inf and MS32DLL.dll.vbs or MS32DLL.dll (use Shift+Delete as it deletes files forever.) in all drives include Handy Drive and Floppy disk.
* Open folder C:\WINDOWS to delete MS32DLL.dll.vbs or MS32DLL.dll (Use Shift+Delete )
* Go to start --> Run --> Regedit and the Registry editor will open
* Now navigate in the left pane as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Software --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Current Version --> Run .Now delete the entry MS32DLL (Use Delete - on keyboard)
* Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> Software --> Microsoft --> Internet Explorer --> Main and delete the entry Window Title “Hacked by Godzilla”
* Now open the group policy editor by typing gpedit.msc in Start --> run and pressing enter.
* Go to User Configuration --> Administrative Templates --> System . Double Click on entry Turn Off Autoplay then Turn Off Autoplay Properties will display.Do as follows:
o Select Enabled
o Select All drives
o Click OK
* Now go to start --> Run and type msconfig there and press Enter.A system configuration utility dialogue will open.
* Go to startup tab in it and uncheck MS32DLL .Now click Ok and when the system configuration utility asks for restart ,click on exit without restart.
* Now go to Tools --> Folder Options on the top menu of some folder again and select the Do not show Hidden files and check Hide operating system files.
* Go to your recyclable bin and empty it to prevent any possiblity of MS322DLL.dll.vbs lying there.
* Now restart your PC once and you can now open your hard disk drives by double clicking on them.
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)